Highlighted
lneubauer
1 Nickel

No "ScreenShots" Folder in Pictures To Hold " Print Screen" Images!

Howdy everybody! I have a new XPS 8910 with Windows 10.  When I hit the Windows & Print Screen keys, it is supposed to generate a picture of my Desktop into a Folder, within Pictures, labelled “Screenshots.” But there is no such "ScreenShots" folder there! What should I do? If I simply create a new folder, and label it “Screenshots,” will do that do the trick? Or is there a more complicated fix? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RoHe
6 Indium

RE: No "ScreenShots" Folder in Pictures To Hold " Print Screen" Images!

Is it just saving the screenshots somewhere else or is it just not taking screenshots at all? Don't know about your specific system, but on my Win 10 lappy, the screen blinks (dims) when the screenshot is taken.  

Did you look in all the subfolders in Pictures to see if Screenshots folder is buried in one of them?

Win 10 also has a Snipping Tool which will allow you to put a box around the part of the screen you want to capture and then you can save it wherever you want. Maybe that's easier, and you can pin the Snipping Tool to the Start menu so it's easy to find.

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
lneubauer
1 Nickel

Hi Ron.  The answer for both is "No."  Nothing happens when I press Print Screen (or Win button + Print Screen).  No dimming of desktop, nothing!  And, also I have looked in all subfolders of Pictures, in fact of my whole hard drive, and there is NO folder even labeled "Screenshots."

I have tried Snipping, and it does let you do more in some respects (cropping), but I just fund Print screen easier for those times when I want the whole desktop imaged/copied.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
RoHe
6 Indium

Seems to be a common Win 10 problem lately, here and here.  

See if anything in those threads at the Microsoft Win 10 forum will help...

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos