Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 14th, 2016 04:00

No sound from the integrated speakers of my Dell HD monitor S2216H

Hi, 

I just bought a Dell 22" HD monitor (Model - S2216H) and there are 2 integrated speakers installed at the bottom of the monitor which are not working. I have already run the set up CD and tried other things too. I have installed Windows 10 on my PC. Any suggestions so that I can get these integrated (2X3 Watts) speakers working?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 14th, 2016 16:00

Mary G is correct. Just adding the step by step instructions.

How to use the Built-in Speakers

* Connect the computer HDMI out --> S2216H HDMI to HDMI cable --> S2216H HDMI in
* Open the computer audio playback devices and choose the S2216H as the Default Device
* Press the S2216H Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Audio
* Audio Source = HDMI
* Exit the OSD

* Connect the computer VGA --> VGA to VGA cable --> S2216H VGA in
* Connect an RCA cable from the computer audio out jack to the S2216H audio line in jack
* Press the S2216H Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Audio
* Audio Source = PC audio
* Exit the OSD

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 14th, 2016 10:00

You have to connect the monitor to your sound card or connect using HDMI cable. Speakers do not work without an audio signal from the computer. Your monitor has Audio In (and Audio Off so check that in the instructions) and HDMI that can handle picture and sound. DVI and VGA do not have sound and require separate audio cable.

It is important to mention your model computer and how the monitor is connected to the video card.

No Events found!