Mathetos
1 Copper

RE: Opti 9020s with Intel I217-LM nics causing network issues

Thank you for posting, please let us know if you get an official resolution to the issue.

Bob

0 Kudos
TiffanydOKC
1 Copper

Dell's official response to us was that we needed to reconfigure our switches to disable explicit host tracking and spanning tree. Even though no other network cards caused this issue. We just loaded the intel driver and turned off the power options.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sealesk
1 Copper

This driver resolved my issues once I added it to my boot images and packages.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails/Product/latitude-e6440-laptop?driverId=KD...

0 Kudos
vcatalasan
1 Copper

We are having similar network issues. Any more updates or fixes for this issue?

0 Kudos
chrisdg
1 Copper

Hi,

I am having same problem and I tried loading winPE 4.0 cab drivers to SCCM sp1 boot image & no luck

0 Kudos
vcatalasan
1 Copper

I updated my image with Intel's latest NIC driver and disabled NIC power management. So far no network issues.

0 Kudos
SuperMoe
1 Copper

Did Dell ever get back to you with a solution to this? We just received over 200 of this model and are experiencing this.

Alan 

0 Kudos
leonkdas
1 Copper

Having the same issue.  I don't know how many different drivers i've uploaded to my boot.wm image now and none work.

Have just read some other threads which offer some suggestions, will try this and update if anything works.

http://www.petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?t=64554

0 Kudos
SuperMoe
1 Copper

We've had a case open with Dell since Mid last week. We've been asked to turn off Spanning & Explicit Host, now they want us to turn off Power over Ethernet. Been escalated once already and this tech is not any better. Losing hope that they'll find a solution. We have 200+ of this model. Not looking good for Dell at this point.

Alan

0 Kudos
leonkdas
1 Copper

Thought I was going crazy  Never had this issue with new models before, it's usually fairly straightforward.

Yeah, we've got them piling up at the moment... need a solution quickly.  Hope you get a good answer, although sounds like they don't know themselves at the moment.

0 Kudos