dellcom6
2 Bronze

OptiPlex 390 PSU fitment

Jump to solution

I see Dell offering a Vision Tek 500w ATX PSU #900346 (Dell p/n A7042093) for $37.99 as of today. Dell wants service tag number but I don't have one because this a donor Mobo for a home build. Can someone please advise me whether or not this unit will work? Thank You, dellcom6.

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

RE: OptiPlex 390 PSU fitment

Jump to solution

What form factor is the system in? Like is it a Mini Tower (MT), or smaller? Regardless if it is the MT you should be set, but I would have to look up the specs on the other systems since I do not normally work on them.

Here is a link showing a normal PSU working fine, meaning this Vision Tek would be fine.

Best regards,

Brad

0 Kudos
dellcom6
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

The case is a Dimension XPS D233. I've mounted the mobo already. Will a PSU other than Dell brand plug into the Dell pugs (sockets)?

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

Will a PSU other than Dell brand plug into the Dell pugs (sockets)?

Yes (from direct experience).

3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

What form factor is the system in? Like is it a Mini Tower (MT), or smaller? Regardless if it is the MT you should be set, but I would have to look up the specs on the other systems since I do not normally work on them.

Here is a link showing a normal PSU working fine, meaning this Vision Tek would be fine.

Best regards,

Brad

0 Kudos
dellcom6
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

The case is a Dimension XPS D233. I've mounted the mobo already. Will a PSU other than Dell brand plug into the Dell pugs (sockets)?

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

Will a PSU other than Dell brand plug into the Dell pugs (sockets)?

Yes (from direct experience).