Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

June 21st, 2017 07:00

OptiPlex 5050 Audio driver headphone jack detection not working Windows 10 WDS

So I have 150 OptiPlex 5050's, and a Windows 10 image deployed via WDS. I have the latest (8073) Realtek audio driver from the Dell site added to my WDS server, and when a machine is imaged the driver is installed. However, it doesn't install the Maxxaudio Waves application and services so when headphones are plugged in to the front jack Windows doesn't detect it and route the audio to the front jack.

If I install the DUP manually all the software is installed and the jack detection works fine, but if I run the DUP silently as a startup script I get the driver but not the Waves software. I have also tried running the Waves MSI that is installed with the driver, both scripted, through Group Policy and manually, but this also fails to install correctly.

I am assuming this has something to do with the reboots required after installation, but I can't manually install the driver on 150 PC's I need to automate it somehow.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a workaround? I just need the headphone detection to work properly!

Edit:

After a bit of digging, it seems the Maxx Audio msi fails because it can't find the Maxxaudio_Data.cab file, which is in the same directory as the msi, so I'm guessing either the msi is bad or its a permission issue somewhere...

No Responses!
No Events found!