Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 6th, 2015 08:00

Optiplex 3010 mini tower diagnostic lights 3 & 4

Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum. I bought 2 years ago a dell optiplex 3010 mini tower, suddenly it stopped working, I have no screen, no video or any kind of sound, the only thing it does is to light up the number 3 & 4 lights on the front panel. What can I do ?

Thanks

1.2K Posts

September 8th, 2015 12:00

Hi ,

Below is the list of error codes , I would ask you to take a look at it and send the service tag of the system via private message so that I can check the details .

Awaiting your response .

Regards ,

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 8th, 2015 13:00

Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum. I bought 2 years ago a dell optiplex 3010 mini tower, suddenly it stopped working, I have no screen, no video or any kind of sound, the only thing it does is to light up the number 3 & 4 lights on the front panel. What can I do ?

Thanks

erickfv12

Diagnostic lights 3&4 usually indicate a memory issue, see page 42  Here:

http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_optiplex_desktop/optiplex-3010_Owner%27s%20Manual2_en-us.pdf

First try the following:

First remove and reinstall all the memory modules and try starting the system, to see if this makes a difference.

Still does not start, remove all the memory modules [See page 14], then install only one module in slot 1 and see if the system boots and if the computer starts normally, reinstall an additional module.
Does not boot, move the module to slot 2 and again see if the system boots.

Still does not boot, then remove the first module and using the second one, repeat the sequence described above.

Still does not boot, buy a new compatible memory module and try that.

Then if the computer still does not start, it's possible that the motherboard has failed and needs to be replaced.

Bev.

1.2K Posts

September 6th, 2015 22:00

Hi ,

Thank you for writing to us ! 

To understand the cause of this issue I would ask you to try these steps and advise the result ,

*Disconnect the system from wall socket ,then press and hold the power button for about 15 - 20 secs .Then connect the system to wall socket and try to turn on the system .Here we are trying to release static charge from the system .

*Then disconnect all the peripheral components from the system and try to turn on the system .

*If the above step fails then remove all the memory modules from the system and try to turn on the system with only 1 memory module at a time .

If there are any more queries do reply to this post with system service tag sent via private message .

Hoping to hear from you soon .

Kind Regards,

2 Posts

September 7th, 2015 10:00

Hi i just did that and it doesn't work, it still appears this 3 & 4 leds on the front panel. I juat bought a new ram memory fully compatible and the 3 & 4 lights keep appearing

3 Posts

January 21st, 2016 12:00

My computer just crashed and I was able to fix it with your info.   Thank You!!!!!!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 21st, 2016 18:00

donnam21

Bev.

3 Posts

March 4th, 2016 14:00

My OptiPlex 3010 had an issue with the 3 4 lights and I fixed it with your answer.  Now I am getting a blinking blue cylinder shaped light underneath where the 1 2 3 4 lights are located and the computer won't boot.  There are no 1 2 3 4 lights lit

1 Message

June 19th, 2016 10:00

The blue cylinder usually indicates HDD(Hard Disk Drive), try connecting to a different SATA port, different SATA cable and make sure it's powered... If this all fails, you may need to replace your HDD

Good Luck! :)

No Events found!