Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2014 10:00

Optiplex 390 SFF "generic non-pnp monitor"

Dear topic readers!

I have a Fujitsu Siemens XE19-1 monitor and a Dell optiplex 390 SFF. The problem is that the computer can't seem to recognize my monitor. It tells me that I have Generic Non-PnP Monitor but the worst problem in that I can't change the resolution and the refresh rate. It stuck in 1366x768 and no other option (but my monitor highest supported resolution is 1280x1024). I have reinstalled the drivers for the monior and for the video card, I unplugged everything and started over again multiple times to no avail. I have three systems and on the other two computers I can change the resolution and refresh rate correctly. How can I uninstall the Generic Non-PnP Monitor and get this Fujitsu Siemens XE19-1 monitor to work properly. I've reset the monitor to factory settings, read everything I can find to try to fix this to no avail. Thanks for the help.

Edited: I have downloaded and installed the newest driver from the intel website and from the dell website also. I tried to re-install my monitor driver, search for update, change cable but no luck yet.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 16th, 2014 16:00

Hi Nogrp,

What operating system and graphics adapter?

5 Posts

November 16th, 2014 22:00

Hy!

Thank you for your answer. I use windows 7 professional sp1 (what I got for my PC). My graphics adapter is a HD2000 (i3 2120). I already reinstalled my windows and my graphics driver multiple times but no luck .

5 Posts

November 17th, 2014 23:00

Any one any suggestion? why I can not change resolution?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 19th, 2014 15:00

Ok, so you have the integrated graphics adapter. Does device manager show that the driver for the graphics adapter is installed and working properly? 

Normally, when you install Windows 7, it will install a generic video driver but even that should allow your monitor to run at 1280x1024.

No Events found!