Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2013 06:00

Optiplex 7010 Disabling USB Ports

Hi,

I know that, dell optiplex allows enabling and disabling USB ports but i wonder if it is possible to disable USB ports with allowing only use of USB keyboards and mice?

Thanks in advance

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 27th, 2013 07:00

Hi aselim84,

Yes, options to enable/disable the front and rear USB ports are available in the system BIOS.

To enter BIOS setup, restart the system and tap F2 at Dell logo. Expand “System Configuration” and select “USB Configuration”.

On the right hand side of the screen, you will find the options that you require. Checking the box for a feature will enable it and unchecking will disable the feature. After making the required changes, save the changes and exit the BIOS.

Please let me know how it goes.

10 Posts

August 27th, 2013 08:00

Thanks for your answer Nikhil D but that is not what i am asking for. What i need to know is that i want to disable USB ports for flash drives, printers etc. but i want to use the ports for keyboards and mice as well. Is this possible?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 27th, 2013 10:00

Hi aselim84,

You can connect the keyboard and mouse to the rear USB ports and disable the front USB ports, or connect them to the front USB ports and disable the rear USB ports in BIOS settings as mentioned in my previous post.
If you are looking for an option to enable only two USB ports for connectintg keyboard and mouse, that cannot be done.

1 Message

August 1st, 2014 08:00

Has this oversight (not being able to selectively enable/disable individual USB ports) been corrected?

No Events found!