Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2016 00:00

Optiplex 7040 USB LPT conflict

I am using a USB dongle that contains a licence code in it to run a software package. The dongle

does not require a licence and is visable in device manager when plugged in. However when I go

to the software licencing screen it comes up with 'LPT Dongle error' however the dongle is not an

LPT device. The software company has looked into it in depth and stated that it is a hardware problem

confilicting with an LPT port. The desktop however has not got an LPT port in device manager, all

drivers are up to date, the dongle has been plugged into another PC and works flawlessly?

Any help would be much appreciated

Nick

Config:-

Optiplex 7040

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

210-AFGI : OptiPlex 7040 Mini Tower XCTO210-AFGI : OptiPlex 7040 Mini Tower XCTO

Part Number Quantity Description
C5TYF1DPK, W10P-DG7

DV0RH1KIT, MOUSE, UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS, WORLD WIDE, PE, MS116, LITEON, B

1GX871ASSEMBLY, LATCH, 9.5MM, OPTICAL DEVICE DRIVE, MEDIUM TOWER, D7

9M9FK1DVD+/-RW, 8X, 9.5T, GU90N, HITACHI LG DATA STORAGE

G451F1LABEL, SETTING/SETTINGS, MANAGEMENT, MEBX, DISABLE, 3

Y8T2X1ASSEMBLY, HEATSINK, MAINSTREAM, MEDIUM TOWER

Y1V081SYSTEM INTEGRATION, CUSTOM, BIOS SETTING
19D7C1SYSTEM INTEGRATION, INFORMATION, BASIC INPUT/OUTPUT SYSTEM, 7040, MEDIUM TOWER, ONLY

HMFF81LABEL, INTEL, CI7, 6, SMALL

FN6XK2DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 8GB, 2133, 2RX8, 4G, DDR4, NU

RKR0N1KEYBOARD, 104, UNITED STATES, KB216-B, LITEON

Y7XRF1CARD (CIRCUIT), GRAPHICS, 2G, R5-340, OUGA12, FULL HEIGHT

CW76M1HARD DRIVE, 1TB, S3, 7.2K, 512E, TSH-MARS

Analyze your system to view your current configuration.           

FireFox does not support this feature with a secure connection(https). For the best experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer or Chrome.           
                        Detect My Product                    processing

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 7th, 2016 06:00

You mentioned testing the 3rd party dongle on another system. What specific system/model? Was it a desktop PC with the same operating system as the Optiplex? Is there another Optiplex there with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit to test the dongle on?

November 7th, 2016 07:00

Hi Chris thanks for the reply, I havnt got another Optiplex system to try it on unfortunately, it was however plugged into another HP 64bit system running Windows 7 Pro and it can see it

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 7th, 2016 09:00

Show me a link to the dongle with picture of the dongle.

November 8th, 2016 00:00

See attached image of the dongle type and also device manager with the dongle inserted and removed
The software is provided by Imagemet for thier SPIP software, link here to dongle info

www.imagemet.com/.../Default.htm

1 Attachment

November 8th, 2016 00:00

Sorry forgot to add on my last post our dongle is the bottom one in the picture, USB short that does not require a driver

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 8th, 2016 06:00

I do not know. Perhaps look for newer Nvidia GeForce 6150LE SMBus chipset drivers, reboot and retest. But, we only released Optiplex 740 drivers for XP and Vista so I am not sure where to find them. Also test the dongle in every USB port on the rear of the Optiplex.

November 9th, 2016 00:00

Yes Ive tried every port. Its an Optiplex 7040 not a 740 so has this a windows 7 version of the driver you mention?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 9th, 2016 06:00

My mistake. The 7040 uses the Intel Q170 Express Chipset. Run this easy to use Intel Driver Update Utility and it will automatically tell you if you need to update your Intel drivers, and if so, will prompt you to install. Once installed, Click Start- Intel Driver Update Utility- Intel Driver Update Utility 2.0. Then click "Auto detect...".

November 10th, 2016 08:00

Hi Chris

Ive tried this and unfortunately was unsuccessful

Nick

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 10th, 2016 09:00

I am at a loss then. Perhaps another user can chime in with their thoughts.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 10th, 2016 09:00

That means the Dongle is a Parallel port dongle that has been moved to be USB to LPT port and that the USB drivers do not support current USB3 ports and conflict at the hardware level with IRQ7.

The dongle isn't a dell product and therefore not supported by dell.

You will have to take this up with your dongle software vendor.

http://www.keil.com/support/docs/2866.htm

No Events found!