Highlighted
2 Bronze

Optiplex 7040 USB LPT conflict

I am using a USB dongle that contains a licence code in it to run a software package. The dongle

does not require a licence and is visable in device manager when plugged in. However when I go

to the software licencing screen it comes up with 'LPT Dongle error' however the dongle is not an

LPT device. The software company has looked into it in depth and stated that it is a hardware problem

confilicting with an LPT port. The desktop however has not got an LPT port in device manager, all

drivers are up to date, the dongle has been plugged into another PC and works flawlessly?

Any help would be much appreciated

Nick

Config:-

Optiplex 7040

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

210-AFGI : OptiPlex 7040 Mini Tower XCTO210-AFGI : OptiPlex 7040 Mini Tower XCTO

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Optiplex 7040 USB LPT conflict

You mentioned testing the 3rd party dongle on another system. What specific system/model? Was it a desktop PC with the same operating system as the Optiplex? Is there another Optiplex there with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit to test the dongle on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi Chris thanks for the reply, I havnt got another Optiplex system to try it on unfortunately, it was however plugged into another HP 64bit system running Windows 7 Pro and it can see it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Show me a link to the dongle with picture of the dongle.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

See attached image of the dongle type and also device manager with the dongle inserted and removed
The software is provided by Imagemet for thier SPIP software, link here to dongle info

www.imagemet.com/.../Default.htm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Sorry forgot to add on my last post our dongle is the bottom one in the picture, USB short that does not require a driver

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

I do not know. Perhaps look for newer Nvidia GeForce 6150LE SMBus chipset drivers, reboot and retest. But, we only released Optiplex 740 drivers for XP and Vista so I am not sure where to find them. Also test the dongle in every USB port on the rear of the Optiplex.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Yes Ive tried every port. Its an Optiplex 7040 not a 740 so has this a windows 7 version of the driver you mention?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

My mistake. The 7040 uses the Intel Q170 Express Chipset. Run this easy to use Intel Driver Update Utility and it will automatically tell you if you need to update your Intel drivers, and if so, will prompt you to install. Once installed, Click Start- Intel Driver Update Utility- Intel Driver Update Utility 2.0. Then click "Auto detect...".

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Hi Chris

Ive tried this and unfortunately was unsuccessful

Nick

0 Kudos