ExcelBen
1 Copper

Optiplex 7050 Dual Monitor Issue

I recently setup a Dell Optiplex SFF.  On the back there is a HDMI port and a Display Port for connecting monitors.  I also purchased two E2216H moniors (display port + VGA connections).

I am only able to get one monitor to work by plugging a Display Port to Display Port cable in the monitor and the Display Port on the back of the SFF.

The other monitor I have connected via Display Port to HDMI, plugged in to the HDMI port on the back of the SFF.  This monitor is not recognized.

I purchased several other setups this way.  Please help on what to do before I send these computers back to Dell!  I have tested the monitors and cables in other setups and they are not the issue.  

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: Optiplex 7050 Dual Monitor Issue

ExcelBen,

Try change the input mode for the monitor to the HDMI port, all monitors are different in this aspect so you will need to check the user manual for your specific monitor.

E2216H Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
ExcelBen
1 Copper

Thank you we certainly checked the monitor source right away and it is correctly set to DVI (the E2216H) only has VGA/DVI.  The Monitor not working is connected DVI to HDMI port on the computer.  

We have run diagnostics, been on hold with dell for 70 + minutes today, and tried 3 unsuccessful chats.  Please help!

0 Kudos

ExcelBen,

Are you using an adapter to connect the DVI TO THE HDMI port?

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
0 Kudos
ExcelBen
1 Copper

I incorrectly typed DVI.  I meant Display Port.

Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF: Display Port and HDMI connections only

E2216H monitors: Display Port + VGA connections

Monitor 1 (Functioning): Display Port to Display Port cable

Monitor 2 (NOT FUNCTIONING/NOT RECOGNIZED): Display Port to HDMI cable.

I have:

Run Diagnostics on video card.  No issue.

Changed the setting buttons on the monitor.  No impact.

Switched out various cables and monitors.  No impact.

Looking for any assistance.  

Thank you!

0 Kudos

ExcelBen,

The Optiplex 7050 SFF HDMI out port cannot UPCONVERT to a mDPitor DP in port via a straight cable. You have to purchHDMIan HDPI to DP active converter.

Click Here

Optiplex 70DP SFF DP out poDP --> DP to DP cable E2216H DP216H DP in port

Optiplex 7050 SFF HDMI out poHDMI-> HDMI to HDMI cabHDMI-> HDMIDPn to DP out convertDP --> DP to DP cable E2216H DP216H DP in port

Click here for more information.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Out of Warranty Support
0 Kudos