dfwsteph
1 Copper

Optiplex 745 power supply

Jump to solution

I want to upgrade to a VisionTek Radeon 256M X1300 video card, but 300w power supply is suggested. I think I saw somewhere my PC came with 250, but now I can't find that info again. Will this card work ok in my machine or will I need to upgrade the power supply emoticon.Confused.title ?

tia,

...stephanie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Optiplex 745 power supply

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can find detailed information about VisionTek Radeon 256M X1300 video card from the link: http://bit.ly/QlKAPd

As per the specifications, this card supports 250 watt or greater power supply.

Optiplex 745 has three variants: Optiplex 745, Optiplex 745C and Optiplex 745 FLX.

Optiplex 745 and 745FLX has a power supply of 220W. Optiplex 745C has a power supply of 305W.

If the computer is shipped with 305W power supply, you will be able to use this card. To be able to check your system specifications, I would need the Service Tag of your computer.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply with the information.

Thanks and regards,
DELL-Chinmay S
#IWork4Dell 
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go here

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can find detailed information about VisionTek Radeon 256M X1300 video card from the link: http://bit.ly/QlKAPd

As per the specifications, this card supports 250 watt or greater power supply.

Optiplex 745 has three variants: Optiplex 745, Optiplex 745C and Optiplex 745 FLX.

Optiplex 745 and 745FLX has a power supply of 220W. Optiplex 745C has a power supply of 305W.

If the computer is shipped with 305W power supply, you will be able to use this card. To be able to check your system specifications, I would need the Service Tag of your computer.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply with the information.

Thanks and regards,
DELL-Chinmay S
#IWork4Dell 
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go here

7- Thorium

Jump to solution

The X1300 is not an upgrade due to how old it is.

ATI No longer supports the X1300, X1400, X1600, X1800, X1900 series

A radeon HD5450 or better is recommended.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.          

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

0 Kudos