Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 19th, 2016 09:00

Optiplex 760 Mini Tower Quadcore

Hello,

I own a Optiplex 760 Mini Tower. 

I found out that I have a 0G214D Motherboard. Unfortunately I still can not find out if this means I can upgrade to a Quad core. Can you please tell me if this is the case and which CPU is the most powerful Quadcore I can use? And if not wich of the Dual cores I should use. BTW, i use an Nvidia  GTX750ti using 60W.

Thank you and all the best

Julian

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 19th, 2016 11:00

http://www.dell.com/downloads/ap/products/optix/optix_760_tech_guide.pdf

Q9650 is max.  Bios update should be done BEFORE trying to change cpu.

750 TI only fits in the TOWER and Only After Cutting the Bracket off and ONLY with Short cards with 1 fan aka 8.4 inches max.

There are Very few single slot cards.   If one was put in they hacked the bracket in half or removed bracket altogether.  If you remove the bracket on EVGA models you can use tin snips to CUT OFF half the bracket.  The cooling vents are blocked so you might also have to drill holes in the case to let air out.  Long Cards with 2 fans DO NOT FIT and WILL NOT EVER FIT into the Tower or any other size.

Only Short cards with Short fans Fit.

2 Posts

October 20th, 2016 01:00

Thank you for the fast reply!

Just for people finding this via google, looking for a fitting GPU: I already put the Galaxy Geforce GTX 750ti OC Slim in the Optiplex 760 Mini Tower and it works just fine. It is single-slot and fits in there without any manipulations.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 25th, 2016 09:00

AFAIKT GALAXYTECH IS THE only one that makes the SLIM.

Galaxy GeForce GTX 750 GC Slim 1GB and GTX 750 Ti GC Slim kfa2

Not all versions even from this vendor are SLIM.  And slim is misleading because it takes 2 SLOTS.

No Events found!