Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 12th, 2013 13:00

Optiplex 790 Mini-Tower Dual Monitor ?

I have an Optiplex 790 Mini-Tower with an i5-2400 and integrated Intel HD 2000 video.

The case has both a VGA and Display Port connector, I am presently using the VGA port. I am investigating going for a Dual Monitor setup and am confused whether I can do so without having to purchase a discrete video card. I am reading conflicting reports that some say yes and others no. Can some kind soul please confirm one way or the other ?

I do not use the PC for gaming, it is work only with the occasional video and web browsing. Mainly I need dual monitor for multiple file editing, scripting, database programming etc.

Many thanks, Fin.

1.8K Posts

June 12th, 2013 14:00

Hi Fin,

OptiPlex 790's onboard video solution supports both VGA and DisplayPort at the same time. You can connect two monitors to the computer without adding a discrete card.

Please let me know if you need further information.

9 Posts

June 12th, 2013 14:00

Marvelous, thanks very much for the input Rajeth, much appreciated.

1 Message

October 14th, 2014 09:00

Hello Rajeth,  I've got an Optiplex 790 and the DP play port does not come on.  I read the previous post that the DP should work and sense mine does not, I checked in CMOS and I see no reference to the integrated video card.   Can you give me any more ideas as to why this does not display for me? The VGA works fine.

thanks

randy 

1 Message

August 1st, 2016 05:00

Hi Rajnath ,

As you mentioned above , Thats works fine.. But i have upgraded to window10 for my optiplex 790 now.

After then , the dual monitor doesnot work , and i also checked in dell page , mentioned 790 is not tested for windows 10 . Could you please suggest me any external video card and will that work for dual monitor for optiplex 790 with windows 10 . .. Many thanks in advance

No Events found!