Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

May 19th, 2014 11:00

Optiplex 9020 Windows 7 - flashing when in dual screen

PC was working fine last Friday in dual screen. Now, after logging in (log in screen does not flash), both screens flash about once a second when I have one monitor connected to the AMD Radeon 8570 and the 2nd monitor connected to the built-in Intel HD Graphics 4600  If I disconnect Intel HD Graphics monitor the flashing stops.

Ideas/suggestions?  Have warm and cold reboot multiple times without success. All drivers are updated.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 20th, 2014 17:00

Hi Robert,

I seem to recall a similar problem--don't remember it being due to dual screen--solved by updating the BIOS and video driver.

1 Message

June 20th, 2014 10:00

Hi Robert - I'm curious as to whether or not you found a solution.

I have the same setup except that I haven't yet hooked up dual monitors - single monitor hooked up to the 4600 at present.  It's a new box and the 4600 was using the standard VGA driver under Windows 7.  Updated to the intel video driver and the flashing started upon login.  If I uninstall the driver the problem goes away.

It's very odd in that the flashing doesn't occur on the login screen, only after logging in to Windows.  My bios is the latest (A07), and I've tried both the Dell and Intel drivers to no avail.  Would appreciate any insights you have.

1 Message

March 1st, 2016 19:00

I've been having the exact same problem on my Optiplex 9020 with Intel HD 4600 on Windows 10. the rainbow flashing began happening right after updating to the latest BIOS and Dell video drivers. After restarting the computer I am able to log in, but immediately after the desktop shows I'm met with a very intense flashing of basically every color in the rainbow. I'm 99% sure that this is a software/driver issue, because I am able to boot into safe mode from the login screen and the flashing never occurs.

Please Dell, release a solution fast! I can't even install the generic Intel drivers (which are more recently updated than Dell's OEM drivers) because Dell doesn't allow it on their computers.

No Events found!