Highlighted
Driver Chaser
1 Copper

Optiplex 980 Unknown Device on XP Professional

I have Windows XP Professional installed on a Optiplex 980, all drivers are OK with the exception of one ""Unknown Device".

The Device ID shows "ACPI\SMO1200\4&4EC69E9&0", and exhaustive search on the DELL Support website - and Google in general - just got me to dead ends.

I will appreciate if I can get some indication on getting the device driver for this device.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: Optiplex 980 Unknown Device on XP Professional

It's the trusted platform module -- the security chip on the system board.

Since XP is a completely insecure OS (it hasn't seen any security updates in almost two years), it's a moot point - you can leave it without a driver, as any security it provides is completely undermined by the OS you're running.

0 Kudos
Driver Chaser
1 Copper

Thank you for the answer, it is good to know that this device is not relevant for my platform and I can relax.

Cheers

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

Trusted Platform Module 1.2 ACPI SMO1200

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01381454M/1/980-xp-A08-805T0.CAB

Description Supported OS Download
Intel Unified AMT6 HECI Driver
This package provides the Intel Unified AMT6 HECI Driver and is supported on Latitude E4310/E6510/E6410 ATG/E6410, OptiPlex 980 and Precision M4500 that are running the following Windows Operating Systems: XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.More details
Windows 8 32-bit
Windows 8 64-bit
Windows XP
Windows XP x64
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 7 32-bit
Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility
This package provides the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility and is supported on Latitude, Optiplex and Precision models that are running the following Windows Operating Systems: XP, Vista and Windows 7.More details
Windows XP
Windows Vista 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows Vista 64-bit
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows XP x64

Description Supported OS Download
Dell Data Protection | Access
This package provides the Dell Data Protection | Access and is supported on OptiPlex, Tablet, Precision and Latitude models that are running following Windows Operating Systems: XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.More details
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows 8 32-bit
Windows XP

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro