Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2008 09:00

Optiplex GX260 Hard Drive

Hi Guy's. Just give up on ever being able to configure my BIOS to boot from a USB removeable drive. Without a clear walkthrough that is anyway. Now I am going on another slant altogether. To possibly install another Hard Drive, maybe a small 2 1/2 inch one somewhere inside the case.

The problem for me is that all I have is a 20Gig Hard Drive fitted and Win XP Pro is installed on this, together with a couple of other bits of software. This leaves me about 10Gig unused. I need to install PCLinuxOS and run it as a dual boot system and somehow I do not think that 10 Gig will be enough. Ideally the 80Gig USB drive I have plugged in would have been best, but seeing as there does not appear to be a way of making it boot, then I cannot use it.

Has anyone fitted a second drive in their GX260? I am hoping that someone has and that they can give me a walkthrough on fitting one in mine. Is that too much to hope for? Any help would be much appreciated. Regards Cypher

14.4K Posts

December 15th, 2008 14:00

I think your best bet would be to get a bigger internal. Clone/full backup your current onto your external then install a new driver and return the files and such back to the new drive.

No Events found!