Not applicable

Optiplex GX620 + Win 7 drivers

Hi there all :emotion-1:,

I'm new to the forum + am hoping someone can throw some light on my issue.

I have upgraded the OS on my Otiplex GX620 mini tower to win 7 + was trying to use the drivers + downloads section of the site but when I click the drop down box to enter my OS as win 7 there isn't an option to do this.

Is there any way round this so I can see which driver updates apply to my OS?

I have tried to use the 'scan my system' tool but it tells it can't complete a scan and to try again later. I think this may because my product is out of warranty?

Thanks in advance for any help on this subject.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
fireberd
6 Indium

Re: Optiplex GX620 + Win 7 drivers

Dell does not support Vista or Windows 7 on this model.  Only XP and earlier OS such as Win 2000.  You are basically on your own to try and find any needed drivers for the old PC.  I suspect you will not find all the needed drivers.  It is best to leave XP on this model and if you want Windows 7, you need to get a new PC or at least one with newer hardware that will support Windows 7.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for replying Fireberd.

That explains it then.  I have already installed win7 on my pc but fortunately microsoft update found all the required drivers, I was very impressed. But being a perfectionist I just wanted to check if there were any updates to the drivers I have.

I'll go to the manufacturers sites to check this out.

Thanks again for clarifying this for me. emoticon.Smile.title

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Aliselle,

If you have a problem device, you could try using the XP drivers in the XP Compatibility mode

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks Rick,  I will bare that in mind. emoticon.Smile.title

Aliselle.

0 Kudos