Highlighted
jehangir786
Copper

Optiplex745 no display, no 1 2 3 lights on desktop , and a still orange light on power button.

Hi there,
I have a problem with my optiplex 745, it is not giving display, and when i turn it on it shows a still orange light on power button, and 1 2 3 lights that usually blink when computer turns on, are not even turning on, and fun runs at high speed, cd rom is working fine,
I have tried various solution, e.g. changed power supply, cleaned rams, and unplugged all accessories , changed cmos battery, still no display, and all the capacitors on motherboard are in good condition, it seems i am caught in a big problem as my computer has a lot of data , my exams are near and i will lose all my data, also i need to get it repaired quickly,
I took my pc to many computer repairing shops, all are saying replace your pc, it is not repairable,
Kindly tell me some solution to this problem, I will be very thankful to you,
Thank You,

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Optiplex745 no display, no 1 2 3 lights on desktop , and a still orange light on power button.

jehangir786

Remove the computers ram from the computer and turn it on. Are there any beeps from the system? If not, replace motherboard. If so, then shut the system down and remove all customer removable units. Meaning, all cards from the motherboard. Replace one at a time to see if you can identify the problem. 

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
jehangir786
Copper

RE: Optiplex745 no display, no 1 2 3 lights on desktop , and a still orange light on power button.

When i removed ram , there was sound which usually comes with ram, it seems to be a motherboard issue but all the capacitors on motherboard and all slots are in excellent condition, and i don't have motherboard to check whether if it is motherboard issue or not, is there any other method to check motherboard? or motherboard is dead even all the capacitors are in good condition?

Sorry for late reply

0 Kudos