robinet
2 Iron

RE: PN for the primary heatsink in a T7500?

Jump to solution

I installed the 1st cpu in the riser slot, which was giving me issues but this time it didn't report any problems and errors.   emoticon.Yes.title

I often had the same problem with DELL 690/T7400 and memory risers - sometimes I had to re-insert them few times before they got good contact and started working.

thanks for your input and thoughts

You are welcome 🙂

0 Kudos
Moueix
1 Copper

Jump to solution

How can I tell if my T5500 has the O0D883F or 0CRH6C mobo?

0 Kudos
robinet
2 Iron

Jump to solution

You should see a sticker near the CMOS battery:

(on the right, just below the memory slots)

0 Kudos
soroka69
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello Bev. 

I have an older Dell Precision T5500 going to update the CPU with two x5680's they have 130Watt TDP,

was told to get a U402F heat sink's for the better heat dissipation.

Please confirm that I can use them for the first and second CPU  on my Dell. I have 2nd CPU riser,

current CPU's are two e5606's

Thank you in advance for your help. Paul.

0 Kudos
MadMatt101
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a T7500 with the T021F heatsink on the primary CPU. I'd like to upgrade this, but the Dell heatsinks are very expensive and hard to get here in the UK, and seemingly only used/second-hand. So I was wondering if Intel's 1366 heatsinks would fit this motherboard?

These are much cheaper and easier to get hold of, so I hope so! (I'm looking at the STS100C model.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'd recommend getting the T021F . You're right, they don't come up often on ebay, but for the T5500 equivalent I have sourced a few very inexpensively. I've even had one shipped from the US for less than £20. If you want, you can find more commercial resellers to supply one. All the ones I received were in excellent condition and as this are passive devices with no moving parts, I think it's a safe option.

I've no experience with intel's 1366 heatsinks, and you'd need to be 100% sure they are compatible with the motherboard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
7- Thorium

Jump to solution

Commercial Equivalents are probably fine because the fan is not attached to the heatsink on the 3500 on the 5500 and 7500 its a different story. T021F is the Aluminum Version.  W567F includes a fan and shroud and heatsink.

They screw in so if they use the standard Hole pattern it likely fits if its not too tall.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
MadMatt101
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. As it has been a little while since I first posted it without response, I did some further research and it seemed that the Intel heatsinks would not be compatible thanks to the 'unique' manner of mounting CPU coolers to the Dell motherboard. So I had no option but to source a used Dell heatsink from Ebay. It wasn't cosmetically perfect - who is going to see it anyway? emoticon.Wink.title - but it seems to be working well with no problems during a very long Windows 7 install and update.

So to add my own little bit of advice to the discussion for anyone considering the easier-to-get Intel heatsinks, don't bother, because they won't fit!

0 Kudos
JP Callan
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

The info on the primary T7500 heatsink is all in this thread, but is spread  w a y  out. To summarize the Dell part numbers for the three versions of the primary heatsink for future readers:

U402F - the biggest and most desirable of the three; dissipates tons of heat. Four copper tubes are partially filled with liquid refrigerant (Freon) that boils to carry heat away from the CPU. The gaseous refrigerant condenses back to liquid in the finned section and flows back to the CPU. The four copper pipes protrude through the four holes in the black plastic Memory Shroud. As of March, 2016, out of stock with Dell Parts Dept. and unavailable on eBay.

U016F - about 2/3 the fins of U402F, but is still a boiling liquid to a gas refrigerant-based design.  The four copper pipes don't reach the four holes in the black plastic Memory Shroud.

T021F - a design built from a block of solid aluminum with slots. About the same size or a bit smaller than U016D. The least desirable of the three; hottest running of the three designs.

The U402F...