Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2017 17:00

PROBLEMS WITH INSPIRON i3650-3111SLV DESKTOP?

I bought two Inspiron i3650-3111SLV desktops. After installing regular apps, they stop booting up pass the Dell logo. The screen would go black and I couldn't do any thing with the computer. I took one to shop to  have a clean install and after two days, it stopped again. I also called Dell support and Microsoft with no positive results. I asking if anybody in the community has had similar problems. I love this computer, but I'm afraid to purchase it again! I don't know if any of the apps are causing the problem. Thanks for all replies/suggestions.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 10th, 2017 18:00

Always include version of Windows.

What color is power button and is it steady or blinking when PC won't boot?

Have you tried disconnecting all peripherals, except mouse, monitor and keyboard?

Reboot and immediately press F2 to open BIOS setup. Disable Secure Boot. Don't change anything else, but be sure to save the change before exiting setup. Does it boot now?

4 Posts

October 11th, 2017 09:00

I'm sorry, this is my first post. My OS is Windows 10 Home. The power button is steady. There are no peripherals connected and I tried to change the BIOS to boot from USB device. I didn't know if Disable Secure Boot only would work. I have returned the computers and don't know if they would boot now. I want to purchase this computer again, so I'll know what to try if and when it happens again. Thanks for the suggestion.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 11th, 2017 12:00

What color is the steady power button?

What apps did you install before it stopped booting?

Be strange if you got 2 systems with the same problem, so this sounds like something you're doing.

Did they stop booting after you changed BIOS to boot from USB? And why did you make that change?

If you get another system, make sure it works correctly for a couple of days before you start installing anything, but let it install all Microsoft updates. Don't change any settings in BIOS. If it works ok for a few days, you can try installing apps, one at a time, and rebooting. Then test PC with a couple of reboots to make sure it's still working before you install the next one...

4 Posts

October 11th, 2017 13:00

The color of power button was white. I believe the answer to my problem was installing all the apps and not rebooting after each installation. No matter what I tried after completely installing all my apps, it did the same thing. I ordered another one today and I will take your instructions very seriously this time to see if one of the apps caused the problem. The apps installed are basic, i.e. Advanced SystemCare 10 Pro, NCH audio apps, Iobit Driver Booster 5, CCleaner and Hitman Pro. I don't have a need to install numerous apps. Both computers worked good the first 2/3 days with no problems.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 11th, 2017 17:00

I'd leave out Iobit Driver Booster 5.  Depending on what add-in video card you have, eg NVidia, it could be installing a video driver that's incompatible with Dell's OEM version of the card.  If you need to update any drivers, you should do that directly from Dell's Support page for this model. Be sure to select the correct version of Windows  before downloading any drivers, or let the site analyze your system to look for new drivers:

www.dell.com/.../drivers

And unless you absolutely need it you may want to skip the NCH stuff too. Don't know about NCH but Iobit had a habit of installing unnecessary junkware, along with whatever app you actually wanted. :emotion-5:

And why do you think you need Hitman Pro?

Post back and let us know what happens...

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 20th, 2017 09:00

" Advanced SystemCare 10 Pro" is  begware might as well consider it malware.  I dont care for ANY of the IOBIT bloatware.  Malwarebytes says as much.  specific detection  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to indicate and detect a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). A Potentially Unwanted Program is a program that contains adware, installs toolbars or has other unclear objectives.

4 Posts

October 28th, 2017 07:00

I did as you suggested and I haven't had any problems thus far. I thank you so much for your assistance. I just didn't think about rebooting after installing each app.

No Events found!