PVR 150 software

I have an old Dell Dimension 5150 E510 which came with a PVR 150 pci card installed. This card was used with Media Explorer (part of Windows XP media centre). However MS stopped updating Media Centre sometime in the mid 2000's so with each new software install the possibility of compromising Media Centre has been a possible issue, which has now arisen. Media Centre can now no longer record and locks up. There is up to date software for the PVR 150, but requires the original software disks (which I don't think Dell supplied) to make it work.

Oops wrong forum. Please move it to correct video section. Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: PVR 150 software

Hi StupidIsAsStupidDoes,

If you are outside the US, I would suggest Ebay to purchase a Dell XP Media Center disc. Your Windows key is on the case of your desktop, so you don't need a license, just the disc.

0 Kudos

Well I have the original xp install disk, but I don't know if it will qualify as the original install disk for the Hauppage pvr 150. As explained the up-to-date Hauppage pvr 150 software will work only if the original Hauppage software disk can be detected. I've never used the hauppage software with the card and I don't believe I ever saw it installed on the PC. I've always used the pvr through Media Centre.

Media Centre is a pretty clunky piece of software and I would be happy to ditch it.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Unfortunately with XP, you're living on borrowed time anyway. Windows 7 did a much better job integrating WMC into the OS, which is what I use with my newer Hauppage tuner card.

Did you check downloads for the software for that video card?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_pvr150.html

A valid WinTV application CDROM will be needed to install this WinTV v6 version. Any WinTV-NOVA version 4x, WinTV-PVR, WinTV version 6 or WinTV v7 application CD can be used during the install. If you do not have your original WinTV CD-ROM but would like to update to this WinTV v6 version, you can purchase a new CD on the Hauppauge webstore.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/webstore2/webstore-main_software.html

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos