8 Krypton

Re: Poor Sound Volume and Quality Issue

1. THX is not a "trial" version, but it is an OEM only software package for "enhancing" integrated audio systems such as the RealTek (and RealTek is used by many PC and motherboard manufacturers, not just Dell).   Creative web page for OEM THX Tru Studio  (Doing a google search for this, I saw that Acer is also using this).

2.  If you buy a separate sound card it will require an open slot (and as all new model SoundBlaster Xfi's are PCieX1, it will require an open PCIeX1 slot), it doesn't replace any existing cards as the RealTek is a chip on the motherboard. The 8100 has two PCIeX1 card slots.   If you add a separate sound card you will need to disable the Integrated audio in the BIOS (F2 - Setup) so it does not conflict with the new sound card.  There can be an issue with connection to the front panel headphone and mic jacks but from other posts, new/newer systems use standard ATX HD audio connections so you probably will be able move the connector from the motherboard to the new sound card.   If you decide you want a separate sound card, it's the user's responsibility to install it or have it installed, even if you buy it from Dell.

How to install PCI Express cards in 8100 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

3.  That is subjective, many consider the Integrated audio systems, even without the added THX software very good, others such as yourself do not consider them adequate.  It's a personal choice and has nothing to do with the PC Model as the same RealTek is used on many different price range models and even on Laptops.   Add on sound cards are not as common or "required" like they were on older PC's, the advancement in "quality" of the Integrated audio chips (for most) has negated the need for most users to buy a separate sound card; thus they are not even offered as a new PC purchase option on many models.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Test
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Test
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

replying via services
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

replying via services
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I see different date/time posts to this thread, but I don't see the new posts????

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

replying via services
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

replying via services
0 Kudos
8 Krypton