mpaulette
1 Copper

Power Issue - Dimension E520

Hello,

I have had may Dell Dimension E520 for a number of years with no issues.  However, today I go to turn on the computer and nothing happens.  No power, fan, anything.  I thought it was the power supply, so I went and bought a new cord, and have the same issue.

There is a light at the power supply that is blinking yellow.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mike

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Platinum

RE: Power Issue - Dimension E520

Hello,

I have had may Dell Dimension E520 for a number of years with no issues.  However, today I go to turn on the computer and nothing happens.  No power, fan, anything.  I thought it was the power supply, so I went and bought a new cord, and have the same issue.

There is a light at the power supply that is blinking yellow.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mike

mpaulette

Did you swap only the power cord, or installed a new complete PSU?

If only the cord, then try replacing the power supply, for a known working unit, to see if this makes a difference.

You require a known working PSU, to check the system board and the other components.

The E520 do not use a Dell proprietary power supply, you can install most standard ATX power supplies with a 24-pin or 20+4-pin main motherboard power connector. As the E520 has an open back panel, a power supply with or without the on/off switch can be installed.

You should be able to buy a compatible power supply from either a local or online computer store.

Note: You will need a power supply, with four SATA power connectors.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos