Highlighted
3 Zinc

Power on from Xxxxx - Dimensino 2400

Howdy, I'm working on a project and am looking for options to power on my PC if I don't have access to the case. I'm not in front of the PC but I know it's a Dimension 2400 with a P4 2.8 processor. It's a few years old. I'm told by others that some BIOSes support things like Power On from Spacebar or Power on from Double Click or other things like this. Would the MB / BIOS in this PC support anything like this? I don't want to go hacking wires and things so if there's a nicer way, that'd be great
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Re: Power on from Xxxxx - Dimensino 2400

There are options in Windows XP to put the machine in either Standby or Hibernate mode which allow you to wake it from the keyboard or mouse, though neither works particularly well with a desktop and may make Windows crash. They can be accessed in the Power Management control panel.

Bios for this model has Power Management options such as "Enables AC power recovery to occur." The default is Off. If that's enabled and you shut the tower off normally and then turn off the switch on a power strip, the PC will reboot automatically when that power strip is turned back on.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim2400/en/sm_en/syssetup.htm

Ron

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I'm not a Dell employee

0 Kudos