Highlighted
Wetbeverage
1 Copper

Precision 390-USB + Video Error

Hi, i have a Precision 390 Running 7-32bit and i have had some serous problems.

First off here are my specs;

PSU; Standard Dell 375 watt

HDD; 1tb sata

Ram; 3GB (2x1G & 2x512MB)

Video; ATI Radeon HD 5750, 1GB, GDDR5, PCI-e

Processor; 2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Disc Drives; Sony SATA DL DVD Burner

Samsung PATA/IDE DVD Burner

PCI; Generic USB and Firewire card

other; internal USB Card reader<pluged into usb card

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problems;

First off my built in usb's don't like to work. The only way i can get them to work is threw a 4-port usb hub, with out it the bios and the os will not reconigise any device. I have no idea what to try next, i up graded the bios to the newest one and still nothing........

Second, sometimes when i go to boot the computer the POST lights 1&4 or 2&4 turn on and my screen does not light up.

The user's guid says and i quote, for lights 2 and 4
                                     ----- A possible graphics card failure has occurred----
  1. If the computer has a graphics card, remove the card, reinstall it, and then restart the computer.
  2. If the problem still exists, install a graphics card that you know works and restart the computer.
  3. If the problem persists or the computer has integrated graphics, contact Dell (see Contacting Dell).

I have a brand new video card and it was working fine untill it just stopped, afrer pulling the plug a fiew times it will eventuly boot. it did the same thing with my old card wich was a Nvida GX 250 1GB GDDR5. i just dont see whats the problem.

The user's guid says and i quote, for lights 1 and 4

--------System board failure has occurred.---------    (sarcasm; FANTASTIC!)

1.    Contact Dell (see Contacting Dell) for technical assistance.

The bord works it just has trouble booting now for somereason.

If anyone could help it would be steller!

Thanks

0 Kudos