jonayeo
2 Bronze

Re: Precision 670 Memory Upgrade

Hi folks

I'm trying to buy the fan for the extra memory, planning to installed 6GB in my P670. Does anyone know the Dell part number for this fan and where I can buy it from?

Thanks

0 Kudos
kerriritter
2 Iron

i got mine from dell parts dept. the packing list says:

item #WC417 assy;shrd;dimm;tmd;2 is the description

it is just a green shroud and fan like the cpu hsf assembly that hooks in the back of your case, covers the ram and power connects next to the ram slots.

Message Edited by kerriritter on 03-24-2006 05:54 AM

Message Edited by kerriritter on 03-24-2006 05:54 AM

0 Kudos
diamond_ramsey
1 Nickel

0 Kudos
diamond_ramsey
1 Nickel

Contact Dell Spare Parts at 800-357-3355 with part number W5620 which is for the fan and shroud assembly for systems with over 4GB of memory and with part number WC417 which is for the fan and shroud assembly for systems with over 8 GB of memory.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
kghirai
1 Copper

I'm having a similar problem. we have 2 of these machines with 2 x 1GB dual rank dimms in them running on the A07 bios. We purchased a pair if Kingston KDT-WS670SR/2G (equiv DELL p/n A0455464) single rank registered ecc so that we could have 4x 1GB in one and 2x 2GB in the other.  4x 1GB works.  2x 2GB hangs with YGYB diagnostic lights. 2x 1GB and 2X2GB (6GB total) in the same machine works. We had briefly been able to make the 2x 2GB configuration work using the ??? bios (advertised as the linux installed A07 update). We ran for a week on that.  But as my super was distressed by the lack of bios version numbers, we downgraded to A07, and have not been able to make the 2x 2GB memory configuration work since.

Is ther a problem with having only single rank modules in the 670?

Are there any known issues with this ram?

0 Kudos