Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 7th, 2017 17:00

Precision T3420 Size

I know that the Precision workstations come in two sizes: the small form factor and the tower. I'm planning to purchase the small form factor. There is no option to select between the two sizes, so that's why I'm asking. I've noticed the small form factors have the model number 3420 and the larger towers have the number 3620. I've configured it with 2.5" hard drives and half-height graphics cards, so they should be able to fit. The configuration options don't say whether the hardware is incompatible with the hardware or not, so if anyone knows which one I should buy and/or what hardware I should specify, that would be great. I may be correct, but help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

December 8th, 2017 01:00

Hi TheSacredRatty,

The 3420 and 3620 are classed as different models, hence no option to choose the form factor. Here are the specs for the two models for you to compare and contrast:

i.dell.com/.../Dell-Precision-Tower-3000-Series-3420-Spec-Sheet.pdf

i.dell.com/.../Dell_Precision_Tower_3000_Series_3620mt_Spec_Sheet.pdf

You are correct in your assertion that the 3420 uses half height PCI cards but drives can be 2.5" or 3.5" (depending on your requirements)

If you are configuring a build on the Dell website it won't allow you to select options that aren't compatible.

I hope this helps.

December 8th, 2017 14:00

Thank you. I wasn't for sure that the two models were separate sizes, I thought each model had both sizes. Looks like I will be going with a T3420.

No Events found!