Adroit17
1 Nickel

RE: Precision T3500 Motherboard documentation (Front Panel connector spec)

Hi again,

are 17 and 20 close together or we have to split the 2 pin cable and put separate cables?

I have another question for guys here, i may be off topic here, but let me still ask.

I have sound cluttering in when i play any of the sounds in my Dell T3500 motherbaord.

It is same for front jack, rear jack and even the same in sound card i bought separately.

It also not dependent on OS, it is same in windows 8.1, ubuntu and and others.

has anyone faced this issue?

I have also Tried the official windows drivers from Dell site but to no avail.

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

It cant be 17 and 20 perhaps 19 and 23 or is it 4 pin 17 and 23?

Disclaimer It may or may not work. I'm not willing to ruin a board to find out.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
alessandrob07
1 Nickel

Good Morning everyone! Even for a motherboard DELL RW203 (DELL Precision T5400 Workstation) that use the cable JN454 for communication with front I/O panel, to turn-on the motherboard can make a bridge between pins 19 and 23 as seen in figure? The exact pin to turn-on this motherboard I need to experiment with this motherboard. But there is a complete explanation of all pins (40) used by the cable JN454 with the motherboard DELL RW203?

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

All pins are not explained and will not be.  This is not documented and not released to the public EVER.  The aforementioned pin-outs and documentation are conjecture not fact.  

Disclaimer It may or may not work. I'm not willing to ruin a board to find out.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
alessandrob07
1 Nickel

I understand, these are internal information DELL. But the motherboard RW203 (DELL Precision T5400 Workstation) is out of production for several years ... what is the point to keep this secret? Now these motherboards are the hobby of a few fans of the PC hardware. Doing a lot of research on the web I found this explanation of the 40-pin connector. They are the 40-pin connector on the motherboard RW203? If it is true, then the turn-on of the motherboard has different pins, namely 23 and 27. This is possible?

0 Kudos
alessandrob07
1 Nickel

I think that the image that I put (but not seen !!!??) does not match the 40-pin connector on the motherboard RW203 (DELL Precision T5400 Workstation). There are audio signals but on the motherboard RW203 is transmitted to the front panel with a dedicated cable (YR004, 10-pin) and not with the cable JN454. The mystery is more dense ... nobody ever decoded the 40-pin cable JN454 combined with the motherboard RW203?

0 Kudos
alessandrob07
1 Nickel

OK, after some testing, I found that the power-on button on my motherboard DELL Precision T5400 (CN-0RW203-13740-83A-008N REV A00 FOXCONN LS-36) are the PINS 19-21. But for the rest of the 38 PINS nobody knows their correspondence?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
alessandrob07
1 Nickel

Anonymous
6 Gallium

Anybody have idea?
Who ever launched this motherboard?

0 Kudos