Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2017 17:00

Precision T7610 Motherboard

I recently came across a Precision T7610 motherboard, and I'd like to find a new home for it.  I can't find any empty T7610 towers, but there's some T7600 and T7910 cases out there that look similar.  The manual says the T7610 is a "mid-size tower."  Is this board a standard ATX form factor?  Can I use any other mid-size tower?

Also, the 1100W (and up) OEM PSU seems like overkill... would 850W suffice (assuming I can find a PSU with 20-pin AND 24-pin connectors)?  Thank you!

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

February 27th, 2017 09:00

Dell typically uses custom connectors between the front panel and the motherboard. They don't make the pin-outs for the connectors public.

So unless you can map the connector, or somebody else has already done it, you may not be able to use anything other than a T7610 case for this motherboard.

Search these forums to see if anyone has posted about using a different case for this motherboard. And maybe somebody will post here about their experience transplanting a T7610 board.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

February 27th, 2017 12:00

7610 is worse because it has several daughter boards and a server style power board that the power supply slides into.  Unlike Earlier Units there are 3 Seperate cables for the I/O panel.

http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/precision-t7610-workstation_Owner's%20Manual_en-us.pdf

The power button and USB are 2 more cables.

The power Supply plugs into a daughter board that plugs into an edge card connector for the power supply.

The board attaches to a board attaches to a harness attaches to the motherboard.  This is NOT a standard power supply connection.

There are 13 connectors for the motherboard and this DOES NOT include temp sensors or data cables to the hard drives or the front panel or the usb etc.

No Events found!