Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2013 15:00

Problems with Nvidia Gt 750m in the XPS 2720 AIO

Ok so here is my situation. I have the XPS 2720 with integrated graphics and a dedicated GT750m. Games don't seem to allow me to use the nvidia card at all. I went to nvidias website and they released a win 8.1 driver for my card and when i download and try to install it fails every time saying my card can't be found, but in device manager it is there and enabled. I downloaded the Nvidia Geforce experience and it finds the card and says it is up to date driver wise but the driver I have is 326.46 while the new driver out is 331.58. I downloaded all the updates since win 8.1 and i am on bios A05. It seems a lot of people are having trouble, it seems like Dell locked our dedicated cards or something idk whats going on. I also know the card works because when i hook my plasma tv to through hdmi it shows my tv being used with the nvidia adaptor. HELP!!!!!!

1 Message

October 25th, 2013 13:00

Hi:

I do not have the machine you do but my laptop has two gt750m's and i may be of some help. I can see you have downloaded the most up to date one and that is good what i recommend you do is before you do any of this unplug your internet or turn off your wifi, since you dont want windows update getting things for you while you do this. then go to programs and features and uninstall the nvidia drivers by selecting the one jsut called graphics dirver it will ask to uninstall all of it just say yes, then reboot when its done and then install the new ones with custom not express ( you can choose not to install the geforce experience if you dont want it) and make sure you check the box labeled clean install if its there. now get your internet back then open nvida control panel not the geforce experience and you should see settings for what card to use set it to auto and apply it, then reboot and THEN try steam.

hope this helps, look forward to your feedback.

rvcjew

October 25th, 2013 21:00

thanks for the idea but it did not work. It's so weird that the updated driver for my drive can't be updated via Nvidia, but the Dell support download lets me download and install it but it's not the newest version. It's almost like Dell has a lock on my gpu and only lets me update via dell download which would be ok if it was the updated driver.

No Events found!