Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

November 3rd, 2015 11:00

Problems with Windows 7 Installation on AIO Inspiron 20 3043. Is It posible to do it?

Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum and I need your help. I want to know if is it possible to install Win7 Pro in AIO Inspiron 20 3043.

I upgraded the BIOS from A05 to A07, A09 and A11, in order to have the posibility to enable LEGACY boot.

I used USB drive with different images of Win7 Pro.

I used an original Win7 Pro DVD.

When i booted those devices in LEGACY, I got the "ACPI Compilant" error.

With the DVD in UEFI, I got the error whit the red bar on top of the "starting windows" screen.

I just erase win 8.1 of the AIO in order to do a Clean Win 7 Install, but i'm having the same issue.

Please help.

Regards,

LDP

1.2K Posts

November 4th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us, My name is Jennifer and I work for the Dell Social Media Team.

I would ask you to initiate the dell diagnostics on the system by pressing the F12 key as soon as the system is started. This will perform through check on system's hardware and if any component has failed it will come up with an error code.

Do reply to this post along with the service tag of the system sent via private message.

Regards,

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

November 4th, 2015 11:00

That is a bad idea. All in one models are actually more like laptops than desktops so they need customized drivers to run diff operating system. Those might be impossible to find and would void your warranty. Use the windows version that came on the computer instead of trying to install windows 7. You do not have a license for windows 7 even if you had the proper install disk. You cannot use a system image to install windows on a diff computer. Operating systems belong to the first computer it was installed on. It cannot be installed on a diff computer. 

Secure Boot  must be disabled to install a diff operating system on windows 8 computers. But you do need to buy the installation disk for windows.

Use the Return to Factory settings instructions for your model to get back to windows 8.1. The license for 8.1 is embedded in the computer. You did not upgrade the bios--that was a downgrade. Skip all the interim bios and just install A11. Bios files cover all the previous updates. Then do the factory restore.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

November 4th, 2015 12:00

Dell says this system is compatible with Win 10.  So if you wait a couple of weeks, the new TH2 update for Win 10 will be available for free. You can create your own bootable DVD on any PC using the TH2 ISO file downloaded from the Microsoft site and install Win 10 64-bit directly.

Win 10 looks and works a lot more like Win 7 than Win 8.1, so that's another option and you won't have to buy the license that will be needed to activate Win 7.

1 Message

December 23rd, 2015 17:00

did you setup Windows 7 into this 3043 successful?

No Events found!