Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2015 19:00

Process for returning faulty monitor

I have a dell monitor that isn't working. It was purchased by a former colleague last year who is no longer with the business therefore I dont have the warranty information. I do however have the receipt.

Its for a Dell UltraSharp Monitor (15"-24")  P2014H

The monitor doesn't work via USB but when using the display port plugged into my laptop it cuts in and out. When the monitor actually displays and image it is has static animation.

Can you please tell me what the next steps are in getting this fixed or replaced? Its only just over a year old so would assume it's still within warranty but don't know how to proceed from here.

I really need the monitor to be fixed so that I can work properly. 

Thanks,

Katy

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 22nd, 2015 11:00

Dell-branded hardware products purchased in the U.S. or Canada come with either a 90-day or more limited hardware warranty, depending on the product purchased. To determine which warranty came with your hardware product(s), see your packing slip, invoice, or receipt. This limited hardware warranty lasts for the time period indicated on your packing slip, invoice or receipt.  This is only covered for the original purchaser and only in the country where it was purchased.

This limited hardware warranty does not cover:

• Problems that result from:
    External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, or problems with electrical power
    Servicing not authorized by Dell
    Usage that is not in accordance with product instructions
    Failure to follow the product instructions or failure to perform preventive maintenance
    Problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by Dell
  • Products with missing or altered Service Tags or serial numbers
  • Products for which Dell has not received payment
  • Normal Wear and tear.

What do I do if I need warranty service?

Before the warranty expires, please contact us or our authorized representatives according to the following table.
Please also have your Dell Service Tag/Serial Number or order number available.

Contact    Phone (U.S. Only)    
Web Support:

Contact    Phone (U.S. Only)    Service Desk (U.S. Only)
Individual Home Consumers:        

Technical Support    1-800-624-9896    
Customer Service    1-800-624-9897    
Individual Home Consumers who purchased a Dell notebook or desktop computer through a retail store:        
Best Buy        Carry your Dell notebook, Dell desktop, or Dell monitor purchased with a Dell desktop, into any Best Buy store.
Go to www.bestbuy.com to locate the nearest Best Buy store.
Individual Home Consumers who purchased through an Employee Purchase Program:        
Individual Home Consumers who purchased a Dell notebook or desktop computer through a retail store:        

Technical Support and Customer Service    1-800-695-8133    
Home and Small Business Commercial Customers:        
Technical Support and Customer Service    1-800-456-3355   

No Events found!