Highlighted
jax079
1 Nickel

Purchased a new dell tower but want to completely clean out my old dell demension 3000

Jump to solution

Purchase a new dell tower months ago and want to set it up but I want to delete everything so I can take it to get recycled.  I have a product called Pc eraser to remove it to but I had it for a while.  Wondering if there is something else I could use that maybe better and I did clean out some of it using pc eraser but what to make sure what else I need to do.  I have yes still Windows XP but stop using it cause it was so slow getting on the Internet.  My new tower has Windows 8 or 8.1.  I have a monitor that I can use that came with my dell demension that is working fine.  Every time I have been on the forum, I got get information.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Purchased a new dell tower but want to completely clean out my old dell demension 3000

Jump to solution

If you're worried about the data on the drive, there are companies that will shred and recycle the hard drive for you --

example:

www.backthruthefuture.com/.../

0 Kudos
Dan-H
4 Germanium

RE: Purchased a new dell tower but want to completely clean out my old dell demension 3000

Jump to solution

I just pull the drives out, and then take the platters out and smash them with my 32 ounce ford wrench ( small sledge hammer).

Pull the magnets as they are good for garage use.

0 Kudos
jax079
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thank you that would be too messy for me to do at home though.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Jump to solution

Download the free DBAN app to nuke everything on the hard drive.

dban.org/.../

Create a bootable CD or USB with DBAN. Boot from the CD or USB and run DBAM on  your hard drive.

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Jump to solution

https://datakillers.com/our_services/shredding-services/

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro