Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2013 05:00

RAM upgrade Inspiron one 2330

I am running i5 @2.7GHz x64-bit OS and am wanting to upgrade from 8GB to at least 16GB and ideally 32GB. I am wondering if there is a limit with this motherboard and where I can get 8GB or 16GB memory cards, as my initial online searches are only coming up with 4GB.

77 Posts

October 31st, 2013 05:00

Hi fauxbourdon,

Dell has tested Inspiron One 2330 with maximum 8 GB memory.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-one-23-2330-aio_Reference%20Guide2_en-us.pdf

This link will assist you to check system specifications.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for any further question.

November 1st, 2013 02:00

Does this mean it is definitely not capable of running 2 x 8GB cards?

2.2K Posts

November 5th, 2013 15:00

Hi fauxbourdon,

As per the manual, 8 GB is the maximum memory supported on this system.

Connecting additional memory may or may not work on the system.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US CustomersIndia CustomersFor Dell support videos click here.

5 Posts

August 10th, 2015 15:00

Link seems to be expired! Is there a way I can check system specification for my Dell one 2330?

1 Message

October 24th, 2015 09:00

Fair enough.  Mine shipped with an i3 and 6Gb of RAM.  By the sounds of this, I'd be safest to try a 4Gb SIMM to bump it up to 8Gb total (trashing my 2Gb SIMM), but no one has yet to try it with 16Gb (2x 8Gb SIMMs)?  Dell's support manual does mention it will support 8Gb SIMMs but only for a total system capacity of 8Gb, so someone could use one in a single slot.

November 15th, 2015 13:00

I can't believe about £2k worth of a system does not support more than 8GB RAM.. I bought mine 2 years ago, and thought I would upgrade the 8GB memory to 16GB as new Windows OS (now Windows 10) would require more RAM to run faster.  Now it turns out upgrading to Windows 10 would only slow things down and I may not even benefit from a memory upgrade.  DELL, you failed me this time...  So I cannot use this All-in-One Inspiron 2330 for a 3D CAD and FEA simulation work, as contact modelling calculations would take days to complete.  New games wouldn't run as smooth as they could be either as the graphic card is not a dedicated memory type..  Dell support didn't even recognise Service Tag and I had to raise a support ticket to get it recognised.  I should have bought a powerful Workstation and a touch screen monitor instead of an All-in-One.. They would probably weigh about the same anyway.

No Events found!