Highlighted
dygufngug4656
1 Copper

Radeon HD 6350 - Optiplex 990 - HDMI Audio?

I can't install the HDMI Audio Driver for the ATI AMD Radeon HD6350 on Win7 x64.

Vendor ID 0x1002
Device ID 0x68f9
Subsystem ID 0x2126
Subsystem vendor ID 0x1028
Revision ID 0x00
Class Code 0x030000

The HD 6350 is actually a HD5000 series (Evergreen chip architecture).
--------------------------

I do not have a HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01 device reported in the device manager.

I don't know for sure that this card supports hdmi audio, but the driver is included in the Dell-provided Graphics Drivers (8.783.2.2 A00) and the newer Crimson Drivers from AMD (16.2.1 beta).

The HDMI Audio Driver package from Realtek does not include Win7 specific files and fails install.

------------------------------------------

Does this card support HDMI Audio?

If so, how do I create a HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01 device?

If not, what adapter do I buy to add audio to the signal?

---------------------------------------------------------

The ATI HDMI Audio Device R2.70 (2012-06-22) Driver from Realtek fails and says "No driver was supported." But, this isn't a surprise since the package does not include Win7 specific files.

The dell install manager (3.00.0795) never detects or gives the option to install the HDMI Audio driver.
The crimson install manager (9.0.000.1) never detects or gives the option to install the HDMI Audio driver.

Trying to execute the msi packages fails and reports that it needs the Catalyst Install manager and that it is not found on this system.
Trying to install the INF file results in an error noting the file does not support this method of install.

---------------------------

As an experiment I tried replacing the hdmi audio driver provided in the HD3870 driver download from dell (Install Manager 8.00.0877).
When using the Dell driver it does not recognize it or offer the option to install.
It detects it and offers to install when replacing the driver files with the Crimson drivers.
But, it fails on install and reports it was not installed for matching devices.

The same experiment with the crimson install manager 9.0.000.1 never detected the driver.

Replacing the hdmi driver provided with dell install manager (3.00.0795) with the crimson one, I was also given the option to install the hdmi audio driver.
But, it also fails on install and reports it was not installed for matching devices.

Thanks for any input!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Radeon HD 6350 - Optiplex 990 - HDMI Audio?

Hi dygufngug4656,

Thanks for posting.

Perhaps contacting the card manufacturer will produce more answers to your questions.

http://dell.to/2vsYUSP

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

RE: Radeon HD 6350 - Optiplex 990 - HDMI Audio?

AMD HD Series 5000 6000 7000 8000 is legacy now. It will not be recognized at all using current drivers.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Software-Support-Legacy-Graphics.aspx

Article Number: GPU-630

​​​​​​​​AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon™ R5 230, Radeon™ R5 220, Radeon™​ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (​D/G variants), Radeon™ HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned.

This means that the auto detect utility is not going to work either.

For users looking for a WHQL certified driver, the AMD Catalyst™ 15.7.1 is the last driver available.

The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta Driver for non GCN Products can be downloaded from the following links:

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro