Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

December 24th, 2011 12:00

Re: Dell Dimension 5150 Ethernet Driver

After reinstalling Windows XP Pro on Dimention 4700 I lost sound and connect to the network.

Device Manager shows a yellow ? in next devices:

• Ethernet-controller
  • Video controller
  • Video Controller (VGA-compatible)
  • Multimedia audio controller

Advise how to fix it.

Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 24th, 2011 14:00

I split this off to a separate thread.  You should have started a new thread rather than add your Dimension 4700 to a Diminension 5150 thread.  Two different models.

You apparently skipped the Intel motherboard chipset drivers which must be installed before installing Device Drivers.

The correct install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install motherboard chipset drivers (3) Install Device Drivers including Video, Dell Sound, Ethernet, etc.

Install the Intel Motherboard chipset drivers then restart the PC and install any missing drivers. 

Dell Driver download for the 4700 and Windows XP, including Chipset and Ethernet Drivers    Click Me

This should work, if you are still having problems, it will take a new/correct install sequence.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

December 24th, 2011 15:00

After reinstalling Windows XP Pro on Dimention 4700 I lost sound and connect to the network.

Device Manager shows a yellow ? in next devices:

• Ethernet-controller
  • Video controller
  • Video Controller (VGA-compatible)
  • Multimedia audio controller
You need to install the device drivers for onboard NIC, audio, and whatever display adapter you have installed. Audio, onboard video, and onboard network are best downloaded from Dell.

If you have a network connection, Intel has an online utility that will identify and install chipset, audio, video, and network drivers for hardware of their own manufacture, as well as identify audio, video, and network hardware from other manufacturers.

A spare network card with XP drivers or a wireless connection will suffice.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

December 25th, 2011 11:00

No Events found!