Highlighted
johnssm
1 Nickel

(Redirected) Alienware Aurora R4 - replacing the failing hard drive with imaged drive

Jump to solution

I went on the Dell site and ran the diagnostics for my Aurora R4. It said that the hard drive had failed 2 tests. So, Dell quickly sent out a replacement 2 TB hard drive. I received it today. The hard drive plastic bag has a sticker that says "imaged". I assume that means a new factory install of my Windows 7 Ultimate has been installed on the hard drive. I did not receive any instruction, other than to say I must replace the failing hard drive and return it within 30 days. Ok, I can do the physical sway, but there are lots of questions, that I feel unanswered.

Where are the step by step instructions to do this?

Do I need to get the product ID,s/serials for Windows 7 and the office products I have on the old drive?

Someone please point me in the right direction. My warranty doesn't include chat, and Facebook and Twitter aren't my best subjects when it comes to getting help.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Any Dell moderators, plese chime in and let me know as well.

Thank you,

johnssm

0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Platinum

RE: Alienware Aurora R4 - replacing the failing hard drive with imaged drive

Jump to solution

Best to post this in the Alienware Owners Club Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/default.aspx

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001