Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 18th, 2015 07:00

(Redirected) Alienware X51 Several problems along with Beeping

I purchased my Alienware x51 in early 2012, and have had no issues with it until recently. At first it just started out with random screen freezing while playing games and would then un-freeze and all would be fine, that continued to happen for about 2 weeks and then the computer would just stop responding and I would be forced to turn it off manually (power button). This happened 2-3 times and then after the last time my computer started beeping 2 times in succession, which I then figured out meant that RAM was not detected, so I purchased new RAM and installed it. It then went on to come to a black screen that told me I needed to use my Windows 7 Home Premium reinstall disk and repair my system, I did this and now it has come to beeping 5 times in succession which after I googled it means Real Time Clock failure, but I haven't used the onboard HDMI port I have never even used a HDMI cord on this system. These problems have just exhausted me and I am really getting tired of trying to deal with it so I figured I would post it here and see if any has any clue as to what is going on.

Thanks in advance,

Zach.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 18th, 2015 09:00

Best to this post in the Alienware Owners Club Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/default.aspx

Bev.

No Events found!