Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 2nd, 2016 07:00

(Redirected) Order fiasco

Good morning.  Need to vent on the stellar Dell Customer Service...

I have been playing games for many years and I have been up grading my old desktop as the games and graphics got better.  Finally decided to make the investment in a good gaming system and placed an order for an Alienware desktop system and assorted accessories.  I entered the order this past Saturday and never got a confirmation email from Dell.  I texted into Dell support yesterday (since there is no support on the weekend) with the Purchase ID # and was told that the order had not pushed through from the website and that I should re-enter the order. I re-enter the order yesterday.  This morning I got two confirmations for the same equipment.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I was now the owner of 2 expensive gaming systems.  Not only had the first order "pushed through", but some of the items had been completed and shipped.  The one thing that Dell was really fast on were the visa authorizations.

I called Dell support today and was told they can't cancel either order and that I will need to wait to receive the components over the next 2-3 weeks and then return each one for a refund.  In the mean time they are holding on to the +$3000 that the extra system costs and was ordered based on their faulty assurances to me that the first order had not pushed through from the web site.  As a kicker to this fiasco, the orders also have a $300 charge for a docking station to go with my desktop.  That should have been a $300 charge for the base graphics accelerator which makes a helluva a lot better sense for a desktop gaming system.

Sorry for the vent, but I can safely say this is the last business that Dell will ever see from me.

BR

Thor

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 2nd, 2016 12:00

Best to post this thread in the Customer Care Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/customercare/f/4674.aspx

Bev.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

February 2nd, 2016 09:00

This is TECHNICAL support forum, so your rant is pointless here.

February 2nd, 2016 09:00

So where would you suggest that I express my extreme displeasure with the Dell order process?

No Events found!