Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2009 15:00

Remote Desktop Lockup

The Problem is when RDP from another machine to the Precision T3400 running Windows XP SP3, it hardware locks the machine everytime.

After getting the cold shoulder from dell technical support about Remote desktop locking up the machine being a software problem, even though it only affected my Precision T3400 machines in my office which one was just pulled out of the box this week.  I found the solution to this problem. I'm very disappointed in Dell Technical support call line.  I'm posting this as a service for anyone else who will have this same problem.

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro\Session Manager\Memory Management

Add a DWORD and call it: SessionImageSize

hex: 20

This solves the issue of no longer being able to use RDP with the latest nVidia drivers.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 29th, 2009 08:00

jalton,

Thanks for posting this.

1 Message

May 14th, 2009 17:00

Thank you!!

I slammed into this problem with three brand new T3400's at work while updating them remotely from home. Your post and a trip to the office resolved the problem. 

3 Posts

September 11th, 2009 15:00

Jalton, thanks for this post. I just bought 4 Optiplex 760's for our network with NVIDIA GeForce 9300 video cards and had the same RDP issue. Dell support told me to enable wake on lan in the bios (which didn't work) and then told me to reinstall XP! I disabled the video card after seeing your post and was able to RDP successfully. Then I tried your registry edit, enabled the video card and everything worked great. I'll ask for YOUR help before I call Dell next time.

1 Message

October 12th, 2009 10:00

Thank you very much for posting this solution.
It saved me a lot of time troubleshooting.

November 19th, 2009 13:00

Jalton,

Thanks for the information.  This also applies to Precision T3500 machines with Windows XP SP3 and nVidia drivers.

Steve

1 Message

March 4th, 2010 13:00

Disabling the Video card work. I'm trying to get Dell to exchange the card.

No Events found!