Highlighted
Onetech
1 Copper

Replaced motherboard on XPS/Dim 210/9200c. Now HD won't work.

Jump to solution

My motherboard slowly starting going out after an electrical storm.  Sound, then USB ports.  Still boots and works otherwise.  I purchased a new motherboard - same model number but when it starts up it says:  Serial ATA AHCI Bios Version SRC 1.02.23 08012006.  Copyright 2003-2006.  This version supports only hard disk and cd rom drives.  Then it attempts to start windows.  Eventually gives me blue screen of death telling me that the hard drive isn't working properly and I might have a virus.

[Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy]

The hard drive worked perfectly before.  Also, I have a DVD that was on this machine.  Did I purchase the wrong motherboard?  Does one support only CD-r and not DVD-r?  Both boards say E210882 on them.  Is there another place to look for a model number?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Davet50
6 Indium

Re: Replaced motherboard on XPS/Dim 210/9200c. Now HD won't work.

Jump to solution

boot into the bios and see what the setting is for your SATA  operation. You have two choices ATA or AHCI.  Try setting this to ATA first and see if the system will boot.

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003

Onetech
1 Copper

Re: Replaced motherboard on XPS/Dim 210/9200c. Now HD won't work.

Jump to solution

That worked!  Thanks.  Everything is working fine now.

0 Kudos