Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

July 5th, 2005 17:00

SK-8135 Keyboard Drivers / Configuration Application

Where can I find the drivers, etc. needed to configure the buttons on a Dell SK-8135 Multimedia keyboard?

Thanks

July 13th, 2005 21:00

hey, I've bee looking for the same thing for motnhs, please help!!!

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

July 14th, 2005 00:00

@igafoo wrote:
Where can I find the drivers, etc. needed to configure the buttons on a Dell SK-8135 Multimedia keyboard?

Thanks

ftp://ftp.dell.com/input/R42232.exe

1 Message

August 2nd, 2005 11:00

regards,

szopen

August 8th, 2005 20:00

I think I may have discovered the same thing.

Well I'm gonna see how much weight I can push around to see if I can get them replaced (all 15). After all we just cut them a $15,000 check.

Message Edited by suddensilo on 08-08-2005 04:21 PM

5 Posts

August 8th, 2005 20:00

I've come to the conclusion that Dell doesn't make them for XP SP2

Nothing works

13 Posts

August 12th, 2005 17:00

also looking for the drivers

8 Posts

August 18th, 2005 17:00

I haven't found any official software that works for XP SP2. However, TweakUI which is part of Microsoft's PowerToys for XP will allow you to customize some of the buttons on the keyboard. Once you have it installed, run TweakUI and go to Explorer->Command Keys.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

If you mostly use your buttons with Winamp, here are a couple of plugins for Winamp that work well with the SK-8135. The first is ready to go after installation. The second requires a bit of setup to get it working. Nothing I've found so far works with the volume knob though.

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=78516

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=142585

August 18th, 2005 17:00

Spoke with our account exec regarding this issue. Found out the following:

It's a known existing issue

There is a "Team" working on the issue

ETA on Fix: Unknown

Advised to continue checking support website for updates.

So yeah, basically got the run around. Hope they find a solution before the keyboard is obsolete.

-jon

13 Posts

August 19th, 2005 13:00

> If you mostly use your buttons with Winamp, here are a couple of plugins...

Thanks; that is exactly what i wanted, and it works great.

My volume knob has always just 'worked'. did you mean you wanted to program yours to something else and the program wont let you? or does yours not let you control volume?

Message Edited by jsweeny on 08-19-2005 09:21 AM

August 19th, 2005 14:00

My volume nob has never worked. I just want it for volume control and maybe the occational game of pong (i'm joking). With the use of TweakUI and a driver for another dell keyboard I got 3 of the 15 enhanced control features on this keyboard to work. I am still unable to get the Media Controls and Internet Browser controls to work. Oh well, it's not the end of the world, but I do know that this is not an occurance with one machine since I have 15 machines with the exact same problem.

>My volume knob has always just 'worked'. did you mean you wanted to program yours to >something else and the program wont let you? or does yours not let you control volume?

14 Posts

August 19th, 2005 20:00

I have two of these keyboards for my new dell and my old pc because my old dell keyboard with a usb is on it's last leg. My new dell came with a reg. keyboard. I didn't really want multimedia but thought it would still have the usbs so since it didn't I got on ebay and ordered up two. Well, the volume functions but anytime I press additional keys no matter what the calculator pops up. It's wrong that dell isn't providing up to date drivers! please let me know when one comes. I really need them. It's a great comfortable keyboard but I want it to function properly. Caressa

13 Posts

August 19th, 2005 20:00

> > If you mostly use your buttons with Winamp, here are a couple of plugins...

> Thanks; that is exactly what i wanted, and it works great.

STINK! The Logitech plugin only works if you're running as admin. I run day-to-day as a restricted user. I even granted my user full control of all the winamp folder and subdirectories, and it still doesn't work. VOMIT!

14 Posts

August 19th, 2005 23:00

And I don't currently use winamp -FYI

223 Posts

August 20th, 2005 11:00

i've used drivers from a sweex kx office keyboard and they work :-)

August 20th, 2005 13:00

and where can we find those?
No Events found!