Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2013 09:00

Service Tag Invalid

Hello

I recently purchased a new Inspiron which I am so far happy with. However, when I enter my Service Tag, it's unrecognised.

Also, when I am logged in to My Account on the Dell website, it doesn't display my previous orders and at the top of the page it states 'Not xxx?' to log out, 'xxx' being a blank space, i.e. I would expect it to say 'Not Ben?' or something similar.

Please help!

Thank you in advance.

Ben.

May 21st, 2013 09:00

Hi Ben,

Please remove the Service Tag from public view for security reasons.

I have received the Service Tag information. I will look into the details and get it corrected.

Allow me some time. I will keep you posted.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 21st, 2013 11:00

If your system was purchased through someone other than Dell Like Costco then you have to register your service tag.

It can take some time for a NEW system to be in the database.

May 21st, 2013 12:00

Thanks for the answer. However, I purchased the system from Dell direct and it's a few weeks old now! I thought it'd be on there by now!

May 23rd, 2013 08:00

Hi Ben,

I have looked the information and the system is registered under your name. However, the system model is not updated correctly. Please be rest assured, I am working on it and will get it resolved for you.

I believe the system is working fine. Let me know if you need any other assistance.

May 28th, 2013 11:00

Hi Ben,

The system details have been updated.

For the account issue, I would suggest you to update the account information by following the steps below :

• Click Here and click on My Account
  • Login to My Account
  • On My Account main page scroll down and click on My Address Book
  • Under My Contact Addresses click on Edit to update the information and save the changes

Hope this helps.

May 30th, 2013 10:00

Thanks, the tag fix has worked. However, I note that the page still displays 'Hello...' when I am logged in, even though my details were already correctly completed in 'My Address Book'. Any other suggestions?

May 31st, 2013 12:00

Hi Ben,

Please share your email address associated with your Dell My Account via Private Message (Click on my name and click on Start Conversation). Will take it further from there.

No Events found!