Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2013 12:00

Skullcandy SLYR +Dell Inspiron 660 Audio

Hi, I posted 2 days ago on the audio forum, still nothing. So here it is.

So today, I received my Dell Inspiron 660. I immediately went to plug my microphone in after set up. The speaks pick up sound on the microphone slot, but I hear no sound, and cannot make any sound. Then, the headset icon was next. When I plugged it into the headset icon, I could hear noise, but the sound was not transmitting again.

Later, I tried the back, and I could hear sound on the first port, but couldn't talk. Then, the second and third ports didn't do anything! I am wondering if anyone can help me. Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks!

-Stormjk

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 29th, 2013 17:00

Hi Stormjk,

Here is the Microsoft article on how to set up a microphone. It is NOT very straightforward. Please let me know if that helps at all.

7 Posts

December 30th, 2013 10:00

Hi, thank you for being someone who actually answers.

Your solution did not help me, I am not trying to set it up, I am trying to see why I can't transmit sound. I can hear, and the headset is designed to talk in to. I am thinking windows 8 broke some speaker for dell, or some transmitter. If so, can you assist me in finding one that works to transmit sound? AKA something different from conexant?

DELL INSPIRON 660

No Events found!