Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 29th, 2009 20:00

Solid amber light still inspiron531

Hello ,

I have a  inspiron 531 with solid amber light ,i bought some new ram which was a nogo with my pc it was 2.0v instead of 1.8v which was told dell cripples there

systems and u cant even use that,anways i removed new ram and replaced it with old ram everything worked fine then dl'd end it all program it ended few thigns like msn,and few other programs i had open i then started browsing the web about 30mins later i got a blue screen saying dumping files then it went off once turned the pc

back on i had solid amber light from what i have read it is either psu or motherboard and i have replaced BOTH with same parts that come with pc  and the problem is still the same and warranty ended 2months ago,also no beeps when turning it on even with ram out,  dunno what else to do and not gonna spend anymore money on it any advice pls??

8 Posts

May 29th, 2009 21:00

Nope same problem double checked everythign to make sure they are in seated good

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 29th, 2009 21:00

chillys,

This is a system fault error condition, including the power supply. Only the +5VSB rail on the power supply is working correctly. Power off and reseat all ram, cards, cables, cords, and plugs. Power on, any difference?

8 Posts

May 31st, 2009 12:00

problem still on going help pls

8 Posts

May 31st, 2009 13:00

Hi chris thanks for trying to help

i have done all of the above none work i get no power to the keyboard

i have als stripped it down to barebones nothing seems to work powers up but no beeping with our without ram i have almost had it spent good amount on money

so far on this and work has cut hrs and pay so cant not spend anymore money on it ur my only hope lol

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 31st, 2009 13:00

Reboot the pc and press F2 to get into the System Setup. Does this work?

Reboot the pc and press F8, choose safemode. Does this work?

If not, strip the PC down to CPU, Ram, and video card. Pull all other cards. Any difference?

8 Posts

May 31st, 2009 17:00

after loads of suggestions i belive its prolly the cpu that is gone out any way to check if it is good or bad without trying it in other pcs?

8 Posts

June 1st, 2009 14:00

this is pretty stupid as i can not seem to get any real help anywhere with this problem ppl can help with

stupid simple problems but not a real problem thanks chris for tryign to help as u try to help alot of ppl but the rest of u can blow me

8 Posts

June 1st, 2009 15:00

this is pretty sad as i can not really get anyhelp anywhere for this problem and i get 1person from DELL to try and help who trys to help aot of ppl

thanks chris  dell thanks for nothing

October 13th, 2010 16:00

i am having the saME problem bro. i took my prossesor out and looked the pins over real good and found a single slightly bent pin. im going to grab one off one of the computers at school tomomro and see if it works...if it does i will be sure to let you know.

No Events found!