Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

February 9th, 2008 18:00

Some questions about my vostro 200 mini tower

Ok, first off, i added a  new  graphics card a few months ago and i'm wondering if that voided any warranties.
seond, i have asked this before but can the dell motherboard fit in an antec 900 case without modding? Can the mobo support all the fans in the case. I'd get a new power supply for the connections.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 9th, 2008 18:00

The board will fit but you'll still have some things (such as the wiring of the front panel and the nonstandard back panel) to figure out, so if you're looking for a no-modification drop-in, the answer is no.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 9th, 2008 19:00

IJustGotOwned

This is Dell's Policy about the use of parts, software and components not supplied or installed by Dell.

Bev.

===================================================
Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

February 9th, 2008 21:00

the back panel i dont really care about, i'll leave it open but what would i have to do for the wiring?

February 9th, 2008 22:00

Does moving the parts into the antec 900 void the warranty?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The Dell front panel connects in a single block of unmarked pins.   You will need to figure out which pin does what to connect it in the new case.

Does moving the parts from the case into the antec void the warranty?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 9th, 2008 23:00

IJustGotOwned

Yes, install all the components into a non-Dell case would void the warranty, as would using a non-Dell motherboard.

Bev.

===================================================
Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

119 Posts

February 10th, 2008 10:00

@IJustGotOwned wrote:
the back panel i dont really care about, i'll leave it open but what would i have to do for the wiring?
You would use your new case wiring it will work fine it will have 1x1 or 1x2 standard header connectors so the Dell one block connector is not a factor.Usb and audio are standard ATX.
No Events found!