Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 6th, 2012 05:00

Somebody please help

ok using a Dell XPS 410 motherboard # E210882 tried all the tricks and can't get my audio to work.  All the searches I have done have shown this to be a common issue but none of the other solutions have worked!   Tried goin into device manager and gettin all that straight and all looks good except when I am in sounds and controllers I get a message saying there is no audio mixer device present.    Tried downloading a ton of different drivers and a couple mixers and got nothin from it PLEASE HELP!!!

2 Posts

November 6th, 2012 13:00

I finally solved the issue thank you for the response I had all of my drivers saved to a cd from prev. set up some how missed this one!!   The missing driver for those who have this problem in the future was as follows...

driver #R124105  it identifies as a sigmatel audio device..

.also upon update scan it did show up as out dated but worked non the less and gives computer info needed to update it.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 6th, 2012 06:00

Hi GTNthyr,

I‘d suggest that you update BIOS, Chipset and the Audio drivers for your system.

Please follow the link below. When the page comes up please put in the service tag of your computer.Then go ahead and download the drivers, after selecting the operating system installed on your computer, from the link below. Install it in sequence given below the link.

http://dell.to/uIo3ef

1. BIOS
  2. Dell system software (Refer to System utilities section)
  3. Chipset
  4. Audio 

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!