Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 10th, 2007 13:00

Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer (Creative Labs)

I have purchased this card for my Dimension 9100 XP Pro but have yet to install. I have read of users having trouble with the drivers for this card on Vista. I would like to know if anyone has had any trouble with this card or its drivers on XP before I install. This also applies to Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, which I believe is a previous version but very similar. I plan to use the card mainly for music playback from iTunes, I am not a gamer.

23 Posts

June 11th, 2007 14:00

No problems here. I just installed the X-Fi XtremeGamer this weekend on my E520. I had a SB Audigy 2 ZS but I was having audio problems with Battlefield 2. So I went out and brought the XtremeGamer, followed the instructions from Creative's web site uninstalled all of the shared drivers and downloaded latest X-Fi Vista driver from them. Plugged in the X-Fi card and installed the new drivers everything works great. My games sounds much better now.

19 Posts

June 12th, 2007 22:00

shen318 - I installed the card today, no problems, works great. I would say 15-20% improvement in music quality. I'm very pleased, thanks very much for your input.

14 Posts

July 2nd, 2007 21:00

I'm having problems installing the Vista x64 software (from Creative) on my Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic card (purchased from Dell).

I get an error "no supported device found". I'm thinking it may be because it's an OEM version of the card (model number SB0467). Very frustrating.

You shouldn't have this problem with a retail card.

14 Posts

July 3rd, 2007 00:00

I seem to have had some success using the PAX software.

Here is what I did

2) It's actually an iso (CD image) file, not a zip file. Rename it to .iso
3) Click it and see if your cd writer software knows how to make a cd out of it. In my case, the CD image was too big for the CDs I had on hand, so I edited the iso file with UltraISO and removed about 20 MB of language files I didn't need.
4) Cut the CD. Reinsert it. Autorun starts. If not, run the PAXSetup.exe, not the setup.exe
5) Look through the asian characters for the English radio button (if needed)
6) You'll get a warning at some point that you need to "discircle" the "Windows Drivers" for Vista. I never saw anything about Windows Driver. I did see "Audio Drivers" but I just left it checked.
7) Creative installer will appear on top of PAX installer. Go through the Creative install then return to PAX at end

Reboot. Works. Now have THX console, 5.1 speaker support, etc.

14 Posts

July 3rd, 2007 03:00

I tried that one, but got the "no supported device found" error. I think. I must have tried a million things. It works now with what I posted, so I'm done with it.

Message Edited by Molon Labe on 07-02-2007 11:53 PM

270 Posts

July 3rd, 2007 03:00

Check this link out.:smileywink:
No Events found!