Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 13th, 2010 08:00

Sound outputs

I have a samsung home theatre connected to my studio xps 8100 via bluetooth to play music which is in the room next to my pc.

When conected i have the theatre as default audio and the speakers connected to my pc dont play.

Can i have music playing from both my pc speakers and the home theatre at the same time ?

Any help appreciated

Les

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 13th, 2010 09:00

You can only have one "default" playback device.  Thus if you have the bluetooth then you can't have the speakers.  Same way if you were connecting to a TV with HDMI and you set the HDMI for the default playback device then you would only have the HDMI audio on the TV.

2 Posts

October 13th, 2010 10:00

Thanks for the response.

Thats a pity, I thought there might have been some way of configuring things so I could have music in both rooms

Les

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 13th, 2010 11:00

This is a Windows design, not a "Dell" design.  Thus an HP, Gateway or even a home built PC would work that way.

There are some instances where two sound cards with separate sources can have separate outputs.  But in your case you are limited by the standard PC sound limitations.

October 14th, 2010 05:00

Can't use just the speakers. Can use a Y plug that plugs into headphone jack of the pc and has two male rca plugs on the other end. Plug this into the AUX jacks on your reciever and play the music on your computer through your surround receiver set on the AUX mode. Wish I had the time to try this, but you might be able to split the Y plug wire in two and wire this wire directly to the speaker wires

No Events found!